As part of our mission to foster a vibrant, diverse, and interactive choral community and extend our reach to youth, Vallejo Choral Society grants high school and college students membership scholarships so they can take part completely free.
Student scholarships cover membership dues and sheet music, giving student singers free access to high-quality training in musicianship, sight-singing, and vocal performance by our talented professional staff and clinicians.
VCS’s programs consists of the following:
• Weekly rehearsals with Artistic Director (10–12 per session)
• Three season programs, with concerts in December, March, and May
• Five performances (2 each for December and June sessions; 1 for March)
• Sight-singing training presented by the Artistic Director
• Spring vocal workshop with an expert vocal clinician
Eligibility and Commitment
Full-time students under 25 years of age need only demonstrate an interest in choral singing and commit to attending rehearsals, which are held Wednesdays from 7 to 10 PM at Springbrook Masonic Temple, Vallejo. Necessary absences and early dismissals may be arranged in advance with the VCS Board President.
Students interested in receiving a scholarship can email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.