As part of our mission to foster a vibrant, diverse, and interactive choral community and educate our singers, Vallejo Choral Society will award up to five high school and college students membership scholarships so they can take part in the VCS 2019-2020 season completely free.
Membership gives our singers access to high-quality training in musicianship, sightsinging, and vocal performance by our talented professional staff and clinicians.
VCS’s 2019-2020 season consists of the following:
• Weekly rehearsals with Artistic Director Derek Tam (10–12 per session)
• Three program sessions, in December, March, and June
• Five performances (2 each for December and June sessions; 1 for March)
• Sight-singing classes presented by Artistic Director Derek Tam
• Fall choral retreat with three workshops presented by expert clinicians
• Spring vocal workshop with an expert vocal clinician
Eligibility and Commitment
All high school and college students (under 25 years of age) may apply. Applicants must demonstrate an interest in choral singing and confirm their ability and commitment to attend rehearsals, which are held Wednesdays from 7 to 10 PM at Springbrook Masonic Temple, Vallejo. (Necessary absences and early dismissals may be arranged in advance with the VCS Board President.)
Application Process and Deadline
• Applications for the coming season are due Wednesday, September 9, 2019.
• Applications may be completed online using the form below, or by submitting a printed version of the form which can be dowloaded below.
• Applications will be reviewed and approved by the VCS Board of Directors and the Artistic Director, and recipients will be notified as soon as possible.
• Students may apply at other times of year and begin participating at the start of the next session.
• All scholarships require annual applications; there are no automatic renewals.